Welcome to the USAKFA Blog


Thanks for visiting our blog! Here you will find information regarding training and upcoming events.


Follow us and stay informed. Sign up for automatic updates by clicking followers.


Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Where Families Build Strength Together

Not only am I the mom of a Kung Fu student, but I am a Kung Fu student.  In fact, next Monday is my white sash test. 

Last August my son earned his white sash, this August we'll see if I can earn mine.

I think many people are intimidated by martial arts in general.  I mean it's not like "going to the gym."  I can honestly say I never - NEVER - have had the desire to train, yet somehow here I am.  Although my interest bloomed out of my son's involvement, my interest is real and my intention is to make it a way of life.

Tonight when Charlie, my son, was giving me a hard time I casually dropped this threat, "Well, maybe I'll be the only one who does Kung Fu in this family" to which he responded, "oh no, I am not a quitter - I am never going to quit Kung Fu."

And that is what it has given us - something to rely on.  The world can shift on its axis, yet still there will be Kung Fu, Sifu Mike, and structure within the chaos of this tipsy turvy everyday world.

No comments:

Post a Comment